среда, 19. август 2015.


What little things do you do regularly (daily/weekly) that make you feel better?
I have four things I do each day.
I remember them with the acronym JERM.
They help me reduce stress and stay connected with what matters.
1. Journal - I sit at my computer and write, just stream of consciousness, whatever comes into my mind, for at least fifteen minutes. Research shows that this habit significantly improves mental health.
image
2. Exercise - I usually walk for an hour or two a day. Or sometimes I swim or lift weights or hike. Occasionally I do the stanky leg.
image
3. Read - In addition to reading fiction for pleasure, I try to read something relaxing, something that encourages me to be less stressed and more grateful. (My current read).
image
4. Meditate - I practice mindfulness meditation to help myself stay calm and focused on the present moment. Meditation is simple (though not easy): Just sit still and focus on your breath. For inspiration, watch your pet.
image
 - See more at: http://blog.joshsundquist.com/post/47494549346#sthash.0PkbxGWt.dpuf

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар